Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Argh!

"Sean..." Amber looked embarrassed as she stared up at Sean standing just outside the kitchen. As she rose from her chair, she gave me a look, like she wanted me to apologize or something.

I didn't apologize though. What did I have to apologize for? Not feeling anything for him? Yeah, right!

"Hey Amber," Sean smiled as he strolled towards her, giving her a hug before taking the seat she vacated. "Can we...?"

I couldn't believe it! He was shooing her away.

"You know," I closed the magazine I was flipping though and started to stand. "I have stuff to -" Sean grabbed my arm, his fingers circling around my wrist.

"Yeah..." Amber pointed towards the living room where Reed and Alexis were laughing up a storm. Without another word, she grinned and disappeared.

"Please," Sean motioned towards my chair. "I hear sitting is more comfortable than hovering."

For the longest time I 'hovered' over my chair, wondering what he could possibly have to say to me after hearing that I wasn't the least bit interested in him. "I have to go Sean."

Raising a brow, he asked me if I was really like that. "Like what?"

"Ignore me because I overheard you say something that you obviously weren't planning on telling me to my face."

"What?" I almost laughed. "Sean how many times - how many ways - do I have to tell you that I'm not interested?"

Finally releasing my wrist, Sean leaned back in his chair. "Janie are you saying that you never felt anything?"

"Felt anything? When Sean?"

With a smile, he reminded me of the day I twisted my ankle. "We both know that if I would've joined you on your bed and gave you the kiss you were begging for with your eyes, you wouldn't have stopped me."

I tried to deny it but there was a part of me that knew he was right; I wouldn't have shoved him away that night at all. "But that doesn't mean that I like you or anything."

He laughed, a soft sort of chuckle almost. "You often go around gazing up at men, begging to be kissed?"

"I don't go around begging to be kissed," I hissed. "And I didn't do it that day either."

It has been a while since that day and yet Sean hasn't gotten the idea. I really don't know what to do about him. I like him, I do but just not that way. How do I tell him to back off and try being my friend?

10 comments:

rosecheeks18 said...

i know this blog is ending. and even though im sad, i understand.

but please please can devon and janie end up together?

KBear said...

nope.. sean:)

Mehreen said...

No, Devon!! Sean is getting annoyingly pushy, like Wade, what is it with men who can't take the hint? Janie just needs to avoid him until he directs his attention elsewhere.

Anonymous said...

I like Sean, I'll never trust Devon, and neither should Janie!

Anonymous said...

blah! i dont know who to route for! sean or devon!?!

Carmel Beauty said...

Okay great writer of mine help us make a decision!

Anonymous said...

I prefer Sean... there's something sexy about him that i can't describe...

Anonymous said...

Sean for sure!! Maybe the blog can end with a double wedding with twin guys? Man that sounds lame but it just might do! : )

KBear said...

think about this: look at the way reed was in the beginning, being mean to amber, and look at him now?

sean could just be pushy because he KNOWS how good him and janie could be.

i dont trust devon. he took it way too far on some issues.

Vikki said...

I'm torn. I don't know who Janie should end up with.